RoHS Certification in Hong Kong
Integrated Assessment Services in Hongkong issues ROHS certification to its clients. ROHS certification is a legal requirement for most electronic equipment in Europe and many other parts of the world. It stands for Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive.
The European Union has passed legislation on January 1, 2003, to restrict the use of six hazardous materials found in electrical and electronic equipment (EEE).
Specified in Annex II of the Directive are 6 substances, which include lead (Pb), mercury (Hg), cadmium (Cd), Hexavalent chromium Cr(VI), polybrominated biphenyls (PBB), and polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE).
RoHS certification is one of the key requirements to sell products in Europe.
ROHS certification helps you:
- Guarantee compliance with legislation;
- Comply with trade rules and as such maintain access to supplies from the European market;
- Ensure that your product is safe for users and consumers;
Integrated Assessment Services can help you with RoHS certification. We are familiar with the requirements of European Directive 2002/95/EC on substances in electrical and electronic equipment (ROHS).
These six hazardous materials are:
- Lead (Pb)
- Hexavalent chromium Cr(VI)
- Mercury (Hg)
- Cadmium (Cd)
- Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB)
- Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE).
Integrated Assessment Services can help you with your RoHS inspection. RoHS directives are designed to improve the entire electronics industry. These directives provide guidance for the manufacturers to reuse, recycling and recovery of waste electrical and electronic equipment.
Procedure for RoHS Certification:
For a company to be compliant with RoHS, there are several steps that should be taken. These include:
- Locating the hazardous substances in the products;
- Eliminating or minimizing the use of such materials as much as possible by changing design and manufacturing methods; Testing all components & materials before assembly;
- Certifying the conformity of the finished equipment with legislation;
- Signing and sealing the formal declaration of conformity (DoC) by an authorized person in charge.
- RoHS Certification can be done by Integrated Assessment Services in Hong Kong for you. We are familiar with the requirements of European Directive 2002/95/EC on substances in electrical and electronic equipment (ROHS).
- If you are looking for ROHS certification, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further inquiries.
Time duration for RoHS Certification:
- The time duration for RoHS certification depends on the product category, the volume of production, and specific requirements. A typical initial test phase would take 10 to 15 working days.
- A formal declaration of conformity (DoC) is issued within this period if all testing is successful. Our experts are available to help with your request at any point in the process.
- Integrated Assessment Services is a provider of professional services across North America, Europe, the Far East & India. We are known for our quality ROHS certification services that help you obtain the required approvals to sell or market your product in these regions. Integrated Assessment Services ensures 100% customer satisfaction by providing accurate and on-time results along with first-class customer service.
- This article is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to provide professional services or legal advice; for specific assistance, please contact us directly.
- We Provide Value-added services like Lab Testing, Product Certification, etc., Contact us today!
RoHS Certification establishes the quality of products such as:
- Electrical and electronic tools
- IT and telecommunication equipment
- Large and small household appliances
- Consumer equipment
- Lightning equipment
- Monitoring and control instruments (Automatic dispensers)
- Medical devices
- Toys, leisure and sports equipment, etc.
RoHS Certification by IAS
IAS is the most-preferred certification body in Hong Kong. We offer RoHS Certification in Hong Kong and are also famous for issuing international standard product certifications such as CE Marking, Kosher, Green, Gost-R, Halal, etc. IAS also offers Management System certification for various ISO standards.
IAS also provides Lead Auditor and Internal Auditor training for professionals and graduates on various ISO standards. It issues Green Certification in many countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Oman, Qatar, Philippines, Kuwait countries, with more than 6000 clients.
IAS delivers a simple yet effective auditing procedure to attain the RoHS certification easier and faster. This internationally recognized certification body certainly ensures effective RoHS certification services with well-experienced auditors.
Benefits of RoHS Certification
- Reduces the electrical and electronic wastes
- Restricts the use of certain hazardous substances
- Establishes the safe and high-quality products
- Enhances customers’ confidence
- Increases the brand value
- Promotes the reputation of the business
IAS Product Certification Procedure
IAS offers easy ways to obtain product certification for your products.
- Complete the IAS Product certification application form and send it to us.
- Our auditors carry out the evaluation procedure on all requirements, related to your applied product.
- Auditors determine the specified or applicable requirements of the product.
- Evaluation of the product based on specified requirements
- Comparison of technical documentation given by the manufacturer and audit results
- Our auditors will guide you with implementation techniques.
- IAS issues certification for your product.