About CE Marking Certification
CE stands for “Conformitè Europëenne," which translates to “European Conformity." For a product to be accepted into the European business market, it must have this mark. CE Marking Certification guarantees that the product and its packaging meet European safety and quality requirements. CE Certification certifies to buyers that a product has been created in conformity with European health, safety, and environmental requirements. This European conformity certification guarantees that the certified product can be freely sold within the European Economic Area (EEA).
CE Marking Certification guarantees that the product is safe, defect-free, and of the greatest quality available. Furthermore, CE Certification in Vietnam enhances the legitimacy of your company and improves your brand image. The CE mark consists of a logo and the four-digit identification number of the Notified Body involved in the conformity assessment procedure (if applicable).
Purpose of CE Certification
A ‘CE’ designation shows that the producer of a product has confirmed that it complies with all legal criteria for placing it on the market in the European Economic Area for its intended use. The goal of CE mark certification is to show that products comply with the criteria for safety, health, and environmental protection in Europe.
Is CE Certification Mandatory?
CE marking certification is required for products exported or imported into the European Economic Area (EEA), although it is not required outside of the EEA. It is prohibited and punishable if a corporation sells a product without the CE label on the package. It is illegal because the products may not be safe or fit for their intended purpose, and if there is a problem with the product, the producers will be held liable.
Necessary CE Marking Certification Products
CE Marking certification on products is evidence to confirm that the products are safe from defects and best in quality. Also, the CE mark provides proof that the product is made by following the EU directives. Some of the mandatory products that require CE Marking Certification are the following:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Medical devices
- Gas appliances
- Electrical equipment
- Radio and telecom terminal equipment
- Pressure equipment
Benefits of CE Marking Certification
CE Certification has the following advantages:
- Ensures the safety and quality of products
- Enhances customer satisfaction
- Improves sales in the local market as well as globally
- Reduce liability claims, timescale and costs
- Guarantees the product complies with EU directives
Procedure to Apply for CE Certification through IAS
- Contact IAS by sending the completed CE Certification Application Form
- Make your organization ready for CE mark certification by implementing, practicing, and monitoring the standard’s requirements for continual improvement.
- The process of CE certification includes 2 audit stages:
- Stage 1 Audit: Readiness Audit
- Stage 2 Audit: Verifying the Effectiveness of the System
- The organization applying for CE certification will be audited based on an extensive sample of its sites, services, process, products & functions.
- If any deviation is observed during the audit, a deviation report will be submitted along with the detailed audit report. According to the grading of the deviations, IAS determines the time required for its closure including the correction and corrective actions which have to be approved by IAS.
- After the effective closure of non-conformities, CE certification will be issued by IAS.
Why Choose IAS for CE Certification?
You’ll need the support of an experienced third party to guide you through the CE certification process. IAS is Vietnam’s leading CE certification authority, offering a wide range of international ISO certifications and product certification services. IAS can assist you with compliance and CE certification. Throughout the CE certification process, IAS is devoted to assisting and supporting you.
CE Certification Cost
The cost of CE certification varies by product, market penetration, and demand. Our CE marking certification technical team at IAS provides free estimations to customers all around the world. Our CE marking experts will walk you through the full process. To obtain CE marking certification in Vietnam, each client will receive a personalized plan. For a free consultation on CE certification and the cost of CE certification, contact us today.