What is RoHS Certification?
RoHS certification is a voluntary compliance program that helps businesses ensure that their products comply with the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive. The RoHS Directive aims to reduce the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment. The directive applies to all manufacturers of electrical and electronic equipment, including finished products and component parts.
Why Get RoHS Certification in Thailand?
There are a number of reasons why your business should consider getting RoHS certified. First and foremost, it demonstrates your commitment to protecting the environment. This can give you a competitive edge in the marketplace, as more and more businesses are looking for eco-friendly suppliers. In addition, complying with the RoHS Directive can help you avoid costly penalties. Non-compliant products may be subject to seizure, recall, and/or fines. Finally, getting RoHS certified can help you build trust with your customers and partners.
How RoHS Certification in Thailand is Beneficial?
The benefits of RoHS certification are as follows:
- Helps ensure that products are made with safe materials
- Can help improve a company's green credentials
- May give a company a competitive advantage in the marketplace
- May help reduce costs associated with waste disposal and product recalls
- Can help create a more sustainable supply chain
- Can help increase customer confidence in a company's products
- Can help a company's products stay on the market longer
- Can encourage the use of safer manufacturing processes
Which Organizations Should Apply?
The RoHS Directive applies to all manufacturers of electrical and electronic equipment, including finished products and component parts. This includes a wide range of businesses, from small companies that make consumer electronics to large multi-national corporations that manufacture industrial equipment. Some examples are:
- Appliance manufacturers
- Automotive suppliers
- Electrical equipment manufacturers
- Power tool manufacturers
Audit Procedure of RoHS Certification in Thailand
- Apply for RoHS Certification in Thailand through IAS
- After you submit your application, our certification audit team will contact you to review all of the required documentation before inspecting them.
- The certification process consists of numerous stages and must be completed in its entirety. If a problem is discovered during the certification procedure, it must be addressed as soon as possible to avoid delays in the program's progress.
- Once a firm successfully meets all the requirements of the RoHS directive, it will be granted RoHS certification.
Refer to our Product Certification Procedure to know about the certification process in detail.
Achieve RoHS Certificate in Thailand Through IAS
As a leading Product Certification Body, IAS provides RoHS certification services that can help your business demonstrate compliance with the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive. We have vast experience of over 15 years in delivering our ISO certification services globally to our clients. Our team of experts will work with you to ensure that your products meet all the requirements of the directive.
Contact us to learn more about the RoHS certification in Thailand and auditing processes that are unique to your company!