What is Meant by ISO 50001 Certification?
ISO 50001 is an international standard that specifies the requirements for an Energy Management System (EnMS). An EnMS can help organizations to manage and improve their energy performance. Certification to ISO 50001 demonstrates that an organization has met the requirements of the ISO 50001 standard and can therefore be trusted to manage its energy performance in an effective and efficient manner.
Why Get an ISO 50001 Certificate in Sri Lanka?
The ISO 50001 certification is of utmost importance for organizations as it helps in improving the overall efficiency and effectiveness of their energy management systems. The certification helps organizations to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and improve their environmental performance. Moreover, the certification also helps organizations save on energy costs and improve their overall profitability. Hence, it is important for all organizations to consider getting the ISO 50001 certification.
How ISO 50001 Certification is Beneficial?
An organization that has been certified to ISO 50001 can expect a number of benefits, including:
- Reduced energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions – By implementing an effective energy management system, organizations can reduce their energy consumption by up to 15%.
- Improved safety and reduced environmental impact – An effective EMS can help organizations identify and mitigate environmental risks, and improve safety performance.
- Reduced costs – A well-run EMS can help organizations save money on energy costs, as well as reduce waste and improve process efficiency.
- Improved compliance – Organizations certified to ISO 50001 are in compliance with the latest international standard for energy management.
- Increased competitiveness – Certification to ISO 50001 can give organizations a competitive edge in the marketplace, by demonstrating their commitment to sustainability.
Which Organizations Can Apply?
Any type of organization can apply for ISO 50001 certification, including:
- Manufacturing and process industries
- Commercial and services businesses
- Public sector organizations
- Non-profit organizations
How to Get ISO 50001 Certified in Sri Lanka?
The ISO 50001 certification process has 2 auditing stages, which include:
- Stage 1 Audit (Preliminary audit) – The first stage in an ISO 50001 Certification audit is to ensure that a company is prepared for Stage 2 (a Certification audit). It begins with gaining a thorough knowledge of the company's policies, procedures, goals, and risks. On-site auditing is used to assess if the management system meets the criteria of the standard by examining documents and conducting interviews with employees.
- Stage 2 Audit (Certification Audit) – At the end of this ISO 50001 certification process, an organization's entire management system is examined and audited to ensure that it fulfills the ISO 50001 standards. The time it takes a firm to complete stage 2 auditing is influenced by its size, the number of facilities it has, and what activities it performs. The certification body will issue an ISO 50001 certificate if all necessary criteria are satisfied during both audit phases, and any non-compliances have been addressed.
Once you successfully achieve ISO 50001 certification, you can check the status of your certificate by visiting our ISO 50001 certification search Page!
Get ISO 50001 Certified in Sri Lanka Through IAS
If you are a business in Sri Lanka wanting to obtain ISO 50001 certification, the IAS can assist you. We've been assisting businesses in obtaining ISO certification for over 15 years, and we'll give you all of the help you need to succeed. For our worldwide clients, we offer a variety of management system certifications as well as product certifications
Contact IAS today to learn more about ISO 50001 certification and ISO 50001 certification Audit Procedure , or visit our ISO 50001 certification frequently asked questions page!