What is meant by ISO 45001 Certification?
ISO 45001 is the internationally recognized standard for occupational health and safety management systems. It provides a framework for organizations to improve their OH&S performance through a system of controls and good practices. Certification to ISO 45001 demonstrates that an organization has met the requirements of the standard and can provide assurance to customers, employees, and other stakeholders that it is committed to preventing work-related injuries and ill health.
Why Get ISO 45001 Certification in Sri Lanka?
An organization that is certified to ISO 45001 will have met the requirements of a rigorous quality management system standard. This can give customers and other stakeholders confidence in the organization’s ability to consistently deliver products and services that meet their needs and expectations. Additionally, certification can help organizations improve their operations by identifying and addressing areas where they may have gaps in their quality management system.
Benefits of Getting ISO 45001 Certified in Sri Lanka
The benefits of ISO 45001 certification in Sri Lanka include:
- Improving OH&S performance by implementing a systematic approach to managing workplace risks
- Reducing the severity of accidents and incidents
- Boosting employee morale and engagement
- Workers' compensation costs are reduced
- Enhancing the productivity
- Meeting customer and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrating a commitment to OH&S.
Which Organizations Should Apply?
Any organization that wants to improve its OH&S performance can apply for ISO 45001 certification. However, the standard is particularly relevant for:
- Manufacturing and service organizations
- Organizations with a large workforce
- Organizations engaged in high-risk businesses
How to Get ISO 45001 Certified in Sri Lanka?
The certification process has 2 auditing stages, which include:
- Stage 1 Audit (Preliminary audit) – The first step in an ISO 45001 Certification audit is to verify that an organization is ready for Stage 2 (a Certification audit). It begins with a brief understanding of the firm's policies, procedures, objectives, and risks. On-site auditing is used to check whether the management system fulfills the requirements of the standard by examining papers and conducting interviews with staff.
- Stage 2 Audit (Certification Audit) – An organization's entire management system is evaluated and audited at the conclusion of the ISO 45001 certification process to ensure that it meets the ISO 45001 criteria. The time it takes a business to complete stage 2 auditing is determined by its size, the number of facilities it has, and what activities it performs.If all necessary requirements are met during both audit phases, and any non-conformities have been resolved, the certification body will issue an ISO 45001 certificate.
Get ISO 45001 Certified in Sri Lanka Through IAS
The IAS Certification Body can help you if you are a company in Sri Lanka wanting to get ISO 45001 certification. We've been assisting businesses in obtaining ISO certification for over 15 years and can give you all of the support you need to succeed. For our global clients, we provide a variety of management system certifications as well as product certifications
Kindly contact us to have a free discussion about ISO 45001 certification in Sri Lanka for your organization! Request a quote now!