What is IATF 16949 Certification?
IATF 16949 Certification is an international quality management system certification for the automotive industry. The certification is based on ISO/TS 16949:2009, which is a technical specification for the quality management of automotive-related products. The certification can help your business become more efficient and improve product quality. It is recognized internationally and can help you do business with companies all over the world.
Why Get IATF 16949 Certification in Sri Lanka?
An IATF 16949 certificate is an important document to have if your company wants to demonstrate its ability in the automotive industry to produce high-quality products. This certificate is recognized by many organizations and customers worldwide, so it can help you win new business and build a strong reputation. Additionally, the certificate can help you improve your operations and ensure that your products meet the high standards of your customers.
How Getting an IATF 16949 Certificate is Beneficial?
Getting an IATF 16949 Certificate in Sri Lanka is beneficial in the following ways:
- It ensures that your organization complies with the strictest international quality standards for the automotive industry.
- It might help your company gain a competitive advantage in the market.
- Can help you to win new business and expand into new markets.
- Helps you to maintain your current market share by ensuring that your products and services meet the highest quality standards.
- Enhances customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Reduces manufacturing and product defects.
- Optimizes organizational efficiency and competitiveness.
Which Organizations Should Apply?
Any organization that supplies products or services to the automotive industry should consider applying for IATF 16949 Certification. This includes companies in the following industries:
- Automotive Parts and Components
- Vehicle Assembly
- Auto Repair and Maintenance
- Tire Manufacturing
How to Get IATF 16949 Certified in Sri Lanka?
The IATF 16949 certification process has 2 auditing stages, which include:
- Stage 1 Audit (Preliminary audit) – The first step in a Certification audit is to assess an organization's readiness for Stage 2 (a Certification audit). It begins with a thorough understanding of the company's policies, procedures, objectives, and risks. On-site auditing is used to examine whether the company's management system has met the criteria by looking at paperwork and talking to their employees.
- Stage 2 Audit (Certification audit) – The IATF 16949 certification procedure is completed with an organization's entire management system being tested and audited to see whether it adheres to the IATF 16949 requirement. The length of an audit in stage 2 is determined by a company's size, the number of facilities it has, and the responsibilities it fulfills.
After both audits are completed and all non-compliance problems have been addressed, the certification body will issue an IATF 16949 certificate.
Once you successfully achieve IATF 16949 certification, you can check the status of your certificate by visiting our IATF 16949 certification search Page!
Get IATF 16949 Certified in Sri Lanka Through IAS
IAS provides IATF 16949 Certification in Sri Lanka that will help your organization to be compliant with the IATF automotive standard criteria. We are a UQAS accredited certification body with considerable expertise in providing high-quality certifications. We have an IATF 16949 certification team that is well-versed in IATF 16949 standards and can assist you in obtaining IATF 16949 certificate for your organization.
Contact IAS today to learn more about IATF 16949 certification and IATF 16949 Audit Procedure or visit our IATF 16949 certification frequently asked questions page!