What is RoHS Certification?
The Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) certification is a regulatory compliance certification that verifies that electrical and electronic equipment meet the requirements of the RoHS directive. The directive restricts the use of certain hazardous materials in electrical and electronic equipment.
Why Get RoHS Certification in Bangladesh?
The RoHS compliance certification is important because it assures customers that the products they are buying meet environmental standards. This certification verifies that the product does not contain any hazardous materials, including lead, mercury, cadmium, and chromium. By having this certification, a company can demonstrate to its customers that they are committed to producing environmentally friendly products. The RoHS compliance certification can help a company save money in the long run. By reducing or eliminating the use of hazardous materials in their products, a company can reduce its waste disposal costs.
Benefits of RoHS Certification in Bangladesh
There are many benefits of RoHS certification in Bangladesh. Some of the key benefits include:
- It improves environmental performance and reduces environmental impacts
- It reduces the risk of product failures and increases reliability
- It enhances marketability and competitiveness in the global marketplace
- It improves public image and increases consumer confidence level
- It increases efficiency and productivity in production
- It reduces costs and improves profitability
- Greater sustainability and social responsibility.
Which Organizations Can Apply?
Any company that manufactures, imports, or sells electrical and electronic equipment can apply for RoHS certification. This includes companies in the private and public sectors. Examples:
- Manufacturers of electrical and electronic equipment
- Importers of electrical and electronic equipment
- Retailers of electrical and electronic equipment
RoHS Certification Requirements for a Product
To get RoHS certification for a product, the product must meet the requirements of the RoHS directive. The directive sets limits on the use of six hazardous materials: lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls (PBB), and polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE). These materials are often used in electrical and electronic products. The directive also requires that products be tested for the presence of these hazardous materials. If a product contains any of the six restricted materials, it will not be certified RoHS compliant.
RoHS Certification Process in Bangladesh
- Apply for RoHS Certification process in Bangladesh through IAS
- After you submit your application, our certification audit staff will contact you to go over all of the necessary paperwork before inspecting them.
- The certification process consists of a number of stages and must be completed in its entirety. If an issue is discovered during the certification procedure, it must be resolved as soon as possible to avoid delays in program completion.
- Once a business has met all of the RoHS criteria, it will be approved for RoHS certification.
Refer to our ROHS Certification Procedure to know about the certification process in detail.
Get RoHS Certification in Bangladesh Through IAS
If you want to get RoHS certification in Bangladesh, IAS can help. We are a leading provider of environmental and safety certifications in the country. We have years of experience helping businesses achieve compliance with the RoHS directive. We offer a variety of services to help you get RoHS certification, including – assistance with the application process, product testing, certification audits, on-site inspections.
Contact IAS today to learn more about ROHS certification or visit our ROHS certification frequently asked questions page!